Business Development Officer (BDO)
The Business Development Officer (BDO) will be stationed in Elwak and Takaba respectively and will report directly to the Project Manager (PM) in Mandera. The BDO will be responsible for the identification of investment options within youth ISAL clients/groups existing businesses and/or potential businesses that are most feasible for potential investors to invest in based on scalability, repetition, job creation, profitability, and sustainability of the business. Identifying local business needs such as technical assistance, access to markets, networks, credit, business knowledge, business coaching, mentoring, etc. Promoting the Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) by building relationships with the business community, business associations, civil society, and government ministries and departments. Traveling to all youth ISAL clients/groups in assigned areas to conduct assessment for investment opportunities.
Identifying and presenting to stakeholders emerging market trends and potential client needs that may present new service opportunities for the youth. S/he will manage project resources, facilitate capacity building trainings, provide technical backstopping and maintain good stakeholder relationships in the assigned areas. S/he will be responsible for effective achievement of project deliverables as well as making recommendations on project related issues as appropriate.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
– Degree / Diploma in or equivalent
– At least 1 year experience at technical capacity in the field of entrepreneurship/economic development in private sector, NGO or community development work
– Analysis, presentation and reporting
– Business Planning and Management
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Good coordination and facilitation skills
– Ability to work independently as well as in a teams
– Good partner and stakeholder engagement, relationship building and management skills